Thursday, March 2, 2017

DWIKE APRILIA C (HUMMELSTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA KL-YES STUDENT 2013-2014 )


DWIKE APRILIA C
HUMMELSTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA
KL-YES STUDENT 2013-2014 



   Coming back is not the same as never leaving. Once I came back from my exchange year program in the United States, I got a lot of inspiration to do community service here in Indonesia. One of the thing that encourages me to study abroad and come back to Indonesia is to give positive changes here. I did a lot of community service when I was in the US that I had never done before. For example, I volunteered for MiniThon (Fundraising Activity), Food Pantry, Youth Day of Caring, etc. Because of doing community service with mostly teenagers in the US, it inspired me to make a volunteering organization for teenagers in Indonesia. My interest in doing community service makes me want to have a career that involved philanthrophy, and now I am pursuing my bachelor degree in Psychology.
My exchange year also gave me another important life lesson; I learned to be respectful to others, I learned to live to the fullest, and I also learned to see differences from different perspectives. I’m so grateful that I got a wonderful chance to spend a year in the US with my wonderful host family, friends and my host community in Pennsylvania, USA. For me, the most important thing of my exchange year was how I connect lives with others, not how many places that I’ve visited in the US. My mission when I was there is “Connecting lives and sharing culture”. My friends and I founded "Volunteen" as I returned to Indonesia from my exchange program. Four of us thought that Volunteen would be a way to make teenagers more excited to do community service together. From that experience, I learn how to train all the members to be a good volunteer and being able to make social projects for our community. As I grow older, I always promise my self to give more positive impact toward the society and my exchange year experience definitely led me toward achieving my personal goal.
#afseffect

Share:

1 comment:

  1. Inspirational. Do u mind to give me ur email? I want to ask more. Thank u!

    ReplyDelete

ybachaptermalang.blogspot.co.id